– Cualquier procedimiento tiene un riesgo, por ello, primero debe...Leer más
Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine, Adjuvanted is available under emergency use authorization (EUA) to prevent COVID-19 in individuals 12 years of age and older.
The vaccine is authorized for emergency use to provide:
- A two-dose primary series to individuals 12 years of age and older.
- A first booster dose to the following individuals at least 6 months after completion of primary vaccination with an authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine:
- Individuals 18 years of age and older for whom an FDA-authorized mRNA bivalent COVID-19 booster vaccine is not accessible or clinically appropriate.
- Individuals 18 years of age and older who elect to receive the Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine, Adjuvanted because they would otherwise not receive a booster dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine, Adjuvanted contains the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein and Matrix-M adjuvant. Adjuvants are incorporated into some vaccines to enhance the immune response of the vaccinated individual. The spike protein in this vaccine is produced in insect cells; the Matrix M-adjuvant contains saponin extracts from the bark of the Soapbark tree that is native to Chile.
Créditos: Comité científico Covid